Home Visitation Reports and Resources
LA Best Babies Network Publications
Further Reading on Home Visitation Policy and Current Issues
- Pew Center on the States Report: The Case for Home Visiting: Strong Families Start With a Solid Foundation
- Pew Center on the States Home Visiting Campaign page
- First 5 LA moves forward with in-home-visit models
- Read about the Welcome Baby! Pilot launch
- Johnson, K. State-Based Home Visiting: Strengthening Programs through State Leadership. (March, 2009). National Center for Children in Poverty
- Center for American Progress report on Existing Home Visitation Programs
- Home Visiting Resources. Maternal and Child Health Library at Georgetown University
- Harvard Family Research Project’s home visit forum
- The Policy Institute for Family Impact Seminars aims to strengthen family policy by connecting state policymakers with research, and researchers with policy knowledge.
- The Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy (SCAA) is an advocacy group working to shape policies that improve health, welfare and human services in New York State, and includes home visiting as a priority.
- Proactive Funding Strategies for Home Visitation. A Resource for Counties, by Galbraity, L. (2002). National Association of Counties. Healthy Families America.
- Healthy Families America’s advocacy for securing sustainable funding for HFA/home visiting Discussion Paper Public Health Early Child home Visiting Forum (October 2008). Version 1.0. National Collaborating Center for Determinants of Health.
- Home Visits for the Newborn Child: a Strategy to Improve Survival (WHO/UNICEF Joint Statement)
- Pew Center Federal Health Care Reform Legislation Home Visiting Summary
- Home Visiting Collaboration & Consolidation: SB 5830 Report
- Federal Healthcare Reform legislation pertaining to home visiting
- Strengthening Families and Communities 2011 Resources Guide from Childwelfare.gov
- Maximizing the Impact of State Early Childhood Home Visitation Programs 2011 (PDF) from the NGA Center for Best Practices
- The Case Management Society of America
- “First-birth Outcomes and Timing of Second Births: A Statewide Case Management Program for Adolescent Mothers”
- "Guidelines for the Diagnosis & Management of Injury in the Pregnancy Patient" (PDF)
- "A Public Health Nursing Early Intervention Program for Adolescent Mothers: Outcomes from Pregnancy Through 6 Weeks Postpartum"
- "Drug-exposed Infants And Developmental Outcome: Effects of a Home intervention and Ongoing Maternal Drug Use"
- "Does Participation in a Nurse Visitation Programme Reduce the Frequency of Adverse Perinatal Outcomes in First-time Mothers?"
- "Guide to Effective Programs for Children and Youth" Evaluation of the Nurse Family Partnership
- "Home Visitation, Assessing Progress, Managing Expectations"